Saturday, October 31, 2009

Attorney not returning my file?

I had an appointment with attorney to review my case.He requested I bring my file with me to review at the time of our appointment,which I have saved emails of our correspondence.He said he would need a couple of days to review my file so he could determine what causes we could file a cross complaint as well as determining a fee.I entrusted my files to him and was prepared to retain him as an attorney.He's had my file for almost a month now,I've called him repeatedly,sent emails and a cerified letter to him and he had someone else sign for cerified letter,still no reponse or phone call from him to return my file,what should I do now?
Answers:
This is a very common problem. The file is yours regardless of whether you owe the attorney money or he isn't going to take your case. Many states' attorneys' ethics rules expressly prohibit holding client files hostage. First you should go to the office and wait for your file. If that doesn't work, you should file a complaint with the state bar. I think if you wait in the office for it patiently, you should get your file. If that doesn't work, you may have to bring a lawsuit, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
call the bar assignation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net