Saturday, October 31, 2009

At what age are my parents not "legally" responsible for me anymore-17 or 18? In Texas?

I'm not "supposed" to even go into the nearby big city because I need "someone to be responsible" for me. According to my parents. Which I think is a load of guesswhat. Because I can take care of myself a hell of a lot better than my over-18 brother.
I turn 17 in two months, will that do it, so I can throw that dumb reasoning out the window?
Answers:
The age of majority in Texas, when you are considered an adult, is 18.
Then, you can move out, get a job and support yourself...providing you have finished your education and have marketable skills that will get you a job to pay enough money.
However, at 18, I wouldn't count on that happening.
Sorry, its 18
18 sorry its the law
You have 14 more months before they are no longer responsible for you, but if you continue to live in their house after you turn 18 then you need to still abide by their rules.
Sorry sweetie - you gotta be 18 in Texas to reach your age of majority. This is true in most of the States -- and most countries as well.
Don't sweat it though. All kids think they are mature enough at 16 to handle life. Fortunately, when you are born you come with parents attached. Parents who also thought they were mature at 16, but soon came to realize that true maturity doesn't usually come until after 30.
my advice is to wait until you don't live in your parents house anymore; (assuming they are feeding, clothing, and housing you)
In Texas , it's 16 technicly, 18 legaly. Depends on how the state wants to view you at time of offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net