Saturday, October 24, 2009

Arizona Child Labor Laws for 15 year olds?

Im 15 and work at the movies... I thought they had said something about not being able to work more than 30 hours a week. Well its summer here and I just realised I have a physical when I am supposed to work. I am trying to find a way out of working that day and realised I have already worked 29 hours and 3 minutes this week and they have scheduled me for another 8 hours thursday. Is it legal for a 15 year old to work 37 hours in one week? Could you give me your cites too. Thank you!
Answers:
You should contact your state's department of labor to see if you r condition would violate your state's Child Labor laws. The Arizona Department of Labor number would be Arizona (602) 542-4515.
There should be a neat little poster that has all those rules on it posted at your work. The law tends to allow more hours during summer and other school breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net