Saturday, October 31, 2009

As a bar owner, should I have the right to release pesticide fog into the business if I choose to?

Isn't it my right as a business owner to decide what deadly fumes I contain in my business? If people don't want to be exposed to them, they can go somewhere else. But the government shouldn't be allowed to make it illegal for me to fill MY business with pesticide if I choose to.
Answers:
No NO No You would kill all the bar flies
you are right, except in that you wouldnt have any business, and would be bankrupt.. on the other hand, people smoke in bars, and it has been excepted for decades. If you dont smoke, as i dont, dont go to bars where smoking is allowed. simple enough. that way, everyone wins.. once you ban smokes, will we ban fast food next, foul smelling cologne, certain clothes, where will it end?
It's safer and wiser to employ bouncers to get rid of your pests.
Yeah, but just cause you own a business doesnt magical make illegal things legal. and why would you want people to go some place else? wouldnt you lose business and money?
Go for it.
One less bar in town won't change the economy much.
That's true. In fact, most businesses are required to deal with their pest problems. Most pesticide fog is safe for humans, and I'm fairly certain that if your customers object to the smell they will in fact take their business elsewhere.
I know what your getting at, but the assumption is ridiculous. Cigarette smoke is NOT poisonous.
I've smoked for over a decade, and I'm still cancer free.
All four of my grandparents smoked 50+ years, and they all died in their 80's of being old.
One person in all of recorded human history is suspected of getting lung cancer from second hand smoke, and she worked in a smokey jazz club for 20 years.
I understand the propaganda we're all being inundated with is emotionally charged, but life experience has shown me that it's crap. I won't pretend that smoking is a healthy choice, but for that matter, neither is drinking at the bar. Ask your doctor which is more immediately toxic, alcohol or cigarettes.
In fact, I'm now taking up this cause. Reinstate prohibition! I don't drink anymore, and I'm tired of dealing with obnoxious and dangerous drunks. They're an immediate threat to themselves and others. Close all the bars, and suit the world to MY preferences.
What's wrong? The shoe doesn't fit the other foot?
A bear walks into a bar, "Gimme a beer!", he says. "Sorry," responds the bartender, "we don't serve bears." So the bear walks over and eats this lady at the end of the bar, "I said, GIMME A BEER!" he grows. "Sorry." says the bartender, casually wiping a glass, "we don't serve bears on drugs." "BEARS ON DRUGS!! What do you MEAN?" asks the bear. The bartender responds, "That was a barbitchuate." Anyway, uhm, just don't spray when the people are in there. You're not spraying with the people in there, are you? Jeez!
Well, it would be illegal to fill a public place with deadly fumes, whether you own it or not. I'm afraid that the government can stop you from attempting to murder whoever is dumb enough to patronize this bar (please tell me where it is, so I can stay away from a RAID Martini), and your rights as a business owner really don't transcend the rights of the patrons to not die from toxic fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net