Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aren't people selfish in wanting to have hand-guns?


Answers:
I always thought guns were a coward's weapon. If you want to harm someone do it face to face. Any jerk can pull a trigger.
Sad story: Cutest kid you ever saw wanted to marry my niece. Always spoke about it and always had a book..
Unfortunately he was killed while reading a book when his friend played show and tell with the gun his mother had for "protection". The bullet went right thru the book and his chin. I don't see how it protected my niece's would-be husband.
It's been years and I still remember him. I even told his niece about her uncle. He taught her to tie her shoes.
Riddle me this all gun-lovers: How did that damn gun protect the kid I used to walk to school? Can you bring him back?
I prefer the term childish, but whatever
so you cant take whatever they have? yes how selfish of them
it is my constitutional right! i wish to protect my family from the truly psychotic society that you left wingers have created.
not selfish at all. it is our right to own a gun.
I don't understand your question - why would it be selfish to own a handgun? I'm in favor of gun control laws, but there is one very obvious reasons for wanting to own a handgun and that is to protect yourself and your family. How is that selfish, exactly?
i don't think it's selfish but hey it's a free country, your choice to think so.
Why would that be selfish? I have a right to defend myself in my home you moron!
BANG! BANG!
NO they are not in every nation that take guns from people it is not very long until they come into your home and control your live and kill family members like in other countries. In the Us they use the DCFS to come in and take your family and destroy them you have no constitutional rights under them because they are a government within a government.
Not if they truly get one because they want to protect themselves.
Isn't it so selfish of people to want to be just as well armed as any criminal could be?
Your opinion seems to be without merit, though you're certainly free to have such an opinion.
"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."
---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Why am I selfish if I want a handgun?
That's like accusing me of being racist because I drive a Nissan.
I own a lot of guns. Not just handguns either. Rifles and shotguns too. I'm a liberals worst nightmare.
The problem is that the right to bear arms applies to every nut case under the sun.
They are WAY too easy to get.
P.S. some of the anwers to this are downright scary.
Sad to see people pulling out anecdotes regarding negligent firearms usage by a child, resulting in death, as some sort of lame excuse for limiting the rights of others to protect themselves intelligently. More children die of drowning in bathtubs every year than from accidental gunshot wounds, but I don't see any uproar about mandatory sentencing of negligent parents.
So, yes, it is selfish to want the power to protect yourself and your family from crazed crackheads who invade your home with intent to murder anyone who tries to stop them. But is also your constitutional right to defend yourself with arms.
I don't really understand how it would be selfish.
Personally, I don't have a problem with it, as long as you follow all the responsibilities that come with it. Unfortunately, like all luxuries, you have morons who don't follow the rules, act without thinking of consequences, and don't take the responsibility.
But we must also remember, guns don't kill people. People do.
*That guy up there, ugotthat? I grew up knowing every location of every gun in the house. My dad encouraged it, just in case anyone ever broke in, so I'd be a little more prepared. I truly am sorry for your loss, but it's entirely the mother's fault, or whoever owned the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net