Saturday, October 24, 2009

Are you going to wait for a jury to decide before you convict Mike Vick?


Answers:
Absolutely. Everyone is entitled to due process. To decide simply based on media reports is foolhardy. Consider the case of the Duke lacrosse team. How many people do you think "convicted" those guys before waiting for a jury to decide?
Not exactly. I'm going to wait for a jury to decide, and then, once they've decided, I still won't care.
Are we also going to wait and see if Duke Cunningham and Tom DeLay are still guilty too?
The man's guilty by association. And I have no doubt that he did it in the dining hall with the candlestick.
It is not up to me to convict him at all! I'll leave that to others!
It seems the NFL and his team has as he won't be playing!
I'm not going to convict him

but I do think he did it ... and I think he deserves his day in court
No. He did it. Just because you aren't convicted does not mean you didn't commit the crime. It merely means that it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. After all.look at OJ.
The court convicts; I don't.
Thanks for asking!
NO! He is not going to get away with having high priced attorneys buy his way out of trouble (a la OJ Simpson). I don't give a rat's *** about due process b/c he is just another spoiled athlete who thought he could get away w/ this bull$hit. Forget it! IT was HIS house--don't tell me he didn't know what was going on in his house--for sure he benefited from this. WHat happened to those dogs is sickening, deplorable, and repulsive--he is in someway responsible and needs to be shunned by the entire legion of NFL fans to show that we do NOT condone his behavior.
I really doubt if any of us that are reading freelawanswer.com is the judge or will be on the jury when/if this goes to trial. In that case, none of us will be the ones that convict him.
In addition, because of that, none of us are bound by the concept of "Innocent until proven guilty". We can think he's guilty or innocent if we want. If we make statements or put something into writing that is incorrect, Mike Vick can sue us as individuals for slander or libel if he can prove that (1)we knew our statements were incorrect and (2) that he has suffered harm as a result of our statements. If he can't prove both of those, he won't win a slander or libel suit against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net