Saturday, October 31, 2009

Arkansas state law - how to get them changed?

So I want to change an Arkansas state law. Specifically, lift a moratorium that was written into law in 2005. I understand the part where the average person cantacts a respresentative and the bill must be introduced yada, yada, yada. I need more specifics and insight into the process.
Do I contact EVERY representative to try to get as many to sponsor the bill as possible?
Will it benifit me to have letters from citizens supporting my proposed bill to submit to the representatives when I approarch them about sponsoring my bill?
Should (and how) I contact the governor to see if I can get his support before/during my attempt to find a bill sponor?
How difficult is it to get a bill sponsor?
Really need advice from someone who has does this before - not just a lot of guesses. Thanks.
Answers:
I live in Arkansas. Write your Representative and ask those who agree with you to do the same. I live in Arkansas and am interested in the law you want changed. Maybe I will help you. maybe not.
I think you can contact all representatives, but only the one for your district has any obligation to help. If impressed, they'll introduce a bill into the system, and the voting will begin.
Start a company, have it turn into a multi-billion dollar operation, and then you can change any law you want by buying your representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net