Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Being threatened with dismissal (unfair)?

I have been threatened over the phone (no witness) by my employer that unless I "be nice" to an employee that I have been reporting to my boss about, due his incompetance and misconduct, and that he blatantly lied/accused me of saying and doing things I have not done, that I will be fired. My boss during this call was threatening and intimidating, and also accused me of doing/saying things I did not do/say. I feel he was pushing me to quit, so he cant be blamed for unfair dismissal. I am now very stressed and dont wnat to go back, but dont want them both to get away with this either. Any suggestions? Can I sue boss for unfair dismissal? Can I legally tape them (in Vic, Australia) to prove my innocence? Can boss just fire me for no reason being a casual (but working f/t hours)? Any advice, would be appreciated. Lastly, I resorted to only writing notes to this employee to pass on info, so that I had proof of any communications.Boss tells me I have to stop and must talk to him.Do I?
Answers:
yeah i would tape him after all he is resorting to unfair ways of treating you.u can do that using most mobile phones these days.claim thru union or tribunal for unfair dismissal
You must obey your employer.
Taping him or getting into a power struggle or picking fights will only get you fired.
I have had employees like you. Very few because I can smell workers like you a mile away. You cause more trouble and cost more management time that you are worth.
At this point they do not care if that other employee is right or wrong. They are not going to let you run their company.
Change you attitude or find a homeless shelter you like cause you are going no ware.
If your boss says you have to communicate verbally with this employee then you must do so. However, you can document these communications for your own records.
Does your boss own the company? If so, he can fire you without consulting anyone else. If your boss doesn't own the company, do you have a human resources department? If so, talk with a HR employee about the problem.
Why do you want to work at a company where you are so unhappy? I suggest you quietly look for another job. If at all possible, don't quit your current job until you have a new one.
Most importantly, relax. The world is full of good guys and bad guys. In the end, the good guys win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net