Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bank applied me for a loan without consulting me, is this legal?

My boyfriend and I opened bank accounts on the same day NOT joint but we had recently moved out of state together so we went in to the bank together.
Anyhow... about a week or so later he went to the bank by himself to apply for a car loan. According to him.. they asked if he had a co signer and he said that I would probably be willing to do it. They said they would run his and my credit to find out... ok that doesn't seem right to me without my permission... but then last week in the mail I got a letter from the bank saying that I had actually applied for an auto loan through them and it got denied etc... this was all without my acknowledgement or consent... this doesn't sound right to me at all...
Answers:
it isn't right
specifically, no one but you can apply for a loan in your name. It requires your signature.
if someone else, 'boyfriend' or not, applied for a loan in your name, the police call it identity theft.
***
so here's what you do:
you go to your bank with the rejection letter and ask for 'another' copy of the loan application. a Xerox will be fine.
then you take that to the police department and swear out a complaint for identity theft and give them the loan application copy. [They'll probably want a separate sample of your signature as well.]
Then you go back to the bank, with a copy of the complaint you just filed, and ask them to remove your name from the dead loan application.
Then you telephone the three major credit bureaus and place an identity theft fraud watch on your credit. [see Google for their websites.]
***
btw, AFTER all this, you find a new boyfriend. this one will end up taking you for everything you've got.

GL
your boyfriend convinced them somehow. you need to take it up with your boyfriend and also clean up your credit
Your boyfriend shouldn't have given them your ss# without your permission. Now he's managed to screw up your credit. The bank had no right to run your credit. Give um hell.
Your boyfriend volunteered you. Yes, this is standard banking procedure. You were denied, so you are not accepted to be a co-signature. This was legal !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

vc .net